Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Vanilla Vanilla Cupcakes

So now that I'm officially settled in my new kitch, it's time to get down to business. That quinoa was like the warm up, and now we're really digging our heels into the legit thing. When you think of house warming what do you think of? Unless you're thinking of cupcakes, then you're wrong. To me, cupcakes are home. Nothing greets you better then a simply sweet, utterly delicate, classic vanilla vanilla cupcake. Since this is my new homecoming, I wanted to welcome myself in the sweetest way possible, and these cupcakes seemed like the perfect idea. Everyone else around me seemed to think they were a good idea also, because they disappeared QUITE quickly. One of the plusses about being at school is that I'm surrounded by a million hungree people all the time. If you're not one of those who gets my updates saying that I have fresh cupcakes and need people to eat them, then you should probably try and be friendly and get on that level. You'll thank me for this advice once you are.
Vanilla Vanilla Cupcakes, makes 12

Ingredients
3 eggs 
8 tbs sugar
1 stick melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
6 tbs milk

frosting:
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened at room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbs heavy cream

Recipe: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the eggs and sugar together. Whisk in the butter and vanilla until well combined. Gradually whisk in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Make sure to scrape the sides and get all the dry bits on the side incorporated. Slowly mix in the milk. Fill greased cupcake holders or cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 12 minutes until the top is golden brown or a tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool.

For the frosting: In a bowl fitted with an electric cream the butter. Gradually add the powdered sugar and on slow speed mix it in. Once mixed, add the vanilla and heavy cream. Whip on high for 5 minutes until light, fluffy, and about double in size.

FROST GENEROUSLY AND TOP WITH SPRINKLES GALORE.
 tell me this doesn't make you want to be my friend?
 sprinkle dem biatches up
 now this is how you say, WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME!
make these cupcakes....and pretty hungree girls will come.
 hot hungree boys know how to do cupcakes in style too

home is where the cupcakes are<3
xoxo
hungreegirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment