Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Bark

It's that time again, Halloween time. My favorite day of the year (after Thanksgiving of course). There's just something about the idea of dressing up and getting candy that is in my eyes simply perfect. I mean FREE CANDY? When I was little, I prepared for this day beginning in September of the year before. Brainstorming Halloween costumes was my go-to activity whenever I was bored. Dressed as Peace the tye-dye Beanie Baby, an American Flag, or a horse, I was also the most aggressive trick-or-treater; I pushed, I shoved, I took more then one. Anyways, I love this day now as much as I did back then. To celebrate I made a halloween treat that is honestly the easiest recipe I have ever posted. It's simple, delicious, can be adapted to your liking, and actually takes 5 minutes. Did I mention it requires ZERO baking? Rare, but nice. A bark composed of silky white chocolate, Oreos, Candy Corn (for festive-ness), and pretzels for that nice salty touch. Make this. Now.
 Halloween Bark

Ingredients
1 16 oz. bag white chocolate chips
1 tbs vegetable oil
10 Oreos, crushed
1/2 cup pretzel sticks, crushed into smaller pieces
1/2 cup candy corn

*you don't have to listen to these proportions at all. They are suggestions. DO more. Do way more if you're feeling cray*

Recipe: Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spray it with non-stick spray or rub with vegetable oil, just make sure its heavily coated.
Pour the white chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl. Add the vegetable oil. Melt in microwave for 30 second intervals, removing and stirring after each one until fully melted.
Once melted, pour the white chocolate on to the foil-covered sheet and use a spoon to shape into a long rectangle, about the size of the sheet. Have your toppings ready and sprinkle them on, ensuring that they are touching white chocolate so they stick. Freeze for 10 minutes. Break into bark pieces. ENJOY.
halloween deliciousness

have a hungree halloween!
xoxo
hungreegirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment