Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thirstee Girl: DIY Juice Cleanse

Yes. For the next few days I will no longer be Hungree Girl, but will temporarily take on the role of Thirstee Girl. A juice cleanse is a type of detox that basically cleans out your system. I've heard about it forever but never had any desire to try it. But lez be honest, after a semester in college, we could all use some cleaning out of our systems, so I decided to give it a go. After researching almost every juice cleanse available on the planet, I decided I'd rather make my own. First step, convincing my Dad to buy a juicer. The idea of fresh squeezed orange juice every morning totally sold him. Check please. Second, creating my juices. I based the recipes off a combination of cleanses, but mainly used the foundation ingredients for the Blueprint Cleanse. Some of them are easy to drink, while others...are a little more difficult. Now, as you all now, I love food, so this is very hard for me. I have even kept up my baking and cooking for others in order to keep the blog flowing, subjecting myself to endless torture, BE GRATEFUL FOR UPCOMING POSTS. SO, support me on this challenge and maybe even try it yourself.

Juice #1: Spicy Lemonade
I start the day off with a juice recipe from the Master Cleanse. E-Z and simple, and not totally terrible.
8 oz. Water
1 tbs. pure maple syrup
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper



Juice #2: Beet, Carrot, Lemon, Ginger, Mint
This is my favorite one. It's REALLY not that bad. Like I enjoy it. The color is also just really pretty.
5 carrots
1/2 a beet (raw)
1/2 inch piece of raw ginger root
1/2 a lemon
1 handful fresh mint



Juice #3: Spicy Lemonade AGAIN

Juice #4: Green Monster
Okay to be honest, this one tastes like its' namesake. There's just no way it can taste delicious and you just have to suck it up. Every cleanse I looked up had it so I figured I couldn't pass.
1 green apple
2 romaine leaves
1 handful of spinach leaves
3 celery sticks
1/2 a cucumber
1 handful fresh mint
1/2 a lemon



Juice #5: Gazpacho
This one I made up myself. While my whole family is munching on tacos for dinner, I wanted something that at least resembled a meal, so I based this one off of a basic gazpacho recipe. Pretty good.
4 large tomatoes
1/2 a cucumber
1 red bell pepper
1/2 a lemon
1 clove garlic
1 handful cilantro
1 dash red wine vinegar (I cheated, sue me).


cheers to cleansing
xoxo
thirsteegirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment