Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cinnamon Buns

The other night I had a dream, and while I don't remember exactly what the dream was about, I remember that it involved cinnamon buns. Ever since the dream, they've been on my mind. I thought back to all the cinnamon buns I've had: a few great, many good, and TONS bad. Now that they were stuck in my head, I wanted a GREAT one and I wanted to make it myself. I was craving that sticky cinnamon sugar ooey gooey-ness tucked in layers of sweet doughy bread and I wanted my fix. These were the breakfast pastries of my childhood. The giant doughy mounds bigger then my head that I'd reach for and treasure and in turn become a sticky monster. Ah, so yum. So, after scouring for the perfect recipe, I used a dough base from the Pioneer Woman, and created my own inside filling and glaze. Honestly, they were perfection. The smell was actually perfume and my whole house still smells like cinnamon sugar heaven. I made 3 pans of the enormous fluffy monsters, and I invited my boys over to oh-so-happily devour them, which they did. From this experience, many are starting to learn a crucial lesson: If you're on a diet, do not live with me unless you'd like to suffer. Sorry?


Homemade Cinnamon Sticky Buns with Raisins *dough recipe from The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients
4 cups Whole Milk
1 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Sugar
2 packages Active Dry Yeast, .25 Oz. packets
8 cups (plus 1 cup separated) All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbs Salt

Filling
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
2 tbs Cinnamon
Honey
2 cups Raisins
2 sticks Melted Butter

Glaze
4 cups powdered sugar
3 tbs Light Corn Syrup
1/2 cup Milk
1 stick Melted Butter
2 tbs Maple Syrup

Recipe: In a saucepan bring the milk, oil, and sugar to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, remove it from heat and let it cool until lukewarm. Add the yeast and let sit about 3 minutes to activate. Slowly add the 8 cups of flour and mix until just combined with the wet ingredients. Cover with a kitchen towel and set in a warm place. Let rise for 1 hour. After an hour, add the remaining cup of flour, the baking soda, the baking powder and the salt. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Divide the dough in half. Roll out each half into a long rectangle about 30 X 10 on a floured surface.

In a bowl, combine both sugars and 2 tbs cinnamon. Pour the melted butter over the dough and spread evenly all over the surface. Sprinkle the sugar cinnamon mixture on top, making sure to cover every inch! The more the merrier. Sprinkle the raisins on top of the sugar mixture. Drizzle with honey.


Now starting from the end farther from you, roll the rectangle tightly towards you.

Cut 1 inch slices with a sharp knife and put these into buttered baking dishes.

 Let rise for 20-30 minutes before baking. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.


While they bake, make the glaze. In a bowl whisk the milk, powdered sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup, and melted butter together. Once the buns come out of the oven, pour this over them as the warm buns will sop up the glaze and absorb it.
Now, enjoy!

Pre Glaze...ya a bite is missing sorry
Oh YEA
Glaze me up BAbYyyy
Now das what i'm talking about...

sorry I'm not sorry
xoxo
hungreegirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment