Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Scones

After four, LONG, liquid-filled, and chewless days, my juice cleanse finally ends tomorrow. Seriously, Thank God. To celebrate, I decided that the moment I awake, I want to be greeted with fresh baked scones. So, I thought I'd make them today so I can get to the eating quicker tomorrow, ya know wha I mean? Very strategic, I know. Oh, also, this is the easiest recipe in the world and actually takes 30 minutes start to finish, baking time included. Instant gratification. I made the dough, refrained from tasting, shaped the scones, and put them in the oven. And then, disaster struck. Cinnamon Chocolate Scone perfume was swirling around my kitchen. The aroma was sweet and warm and smelled like a bakery and I couldn't bare to be in the room, except I HAD to because I didn't want them to burn. Pure, self-inflicted torture. They came out of the oven looking actually unbelievable. The sugar crystals had caramelized on top, and they were crispy, golden brown, and chocolaty in all the right places. I broke one open to check the consistency of the middle and that's when all hell broke loose and I couldn't restrain myself any longer. I tried one, and let me tell you, I would break my cleanse 100000 times over just for a bite of these scones #hungreegirlprobz. Major shootout goes to my wolf pack. Like I mentioned in a previous post, we lived off of scones for a 3 month period, so this is dedicated to them. I'm sure I will be abused into making this recipe on a daily basis for my scone loving princesses when school returns.


Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Scones *inspired by a recipe by Food Librarian*

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick butter, cold, cut into little pieces
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbs cinnamon sugar
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 egg
2 tbs granulated sugar
2 tbs brown crystallized sugar

Recipe: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cold butter for about 2 minutes on medium speed. Turn the speed to low and add in the whipping cream and cinnamon sugar. Once the butter and cream are well combined, gradually add in the dry ingredients. After the dry ingredients have absorbed all the wet and a dough has formed, shut off the mixer and break out a spatula or your hands. Add in the chocolate chips and mix until well combined, but don't over mix!! Form your dough into a large circle, and cut triangle shapes out of it, putting these on a greased cookie sheet, spaced evenly.

Beat the egg in a bowl, then brush each individual scone with a coating, followed by a sprinkle of both sugars. (The egg acts as a wash that makes the scones shiny and golden). Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean and they look like DIS.

mmmm perfection
 Just a pile o'scones
Lettuce, spinach, celery juice or this?

 A preview of my breakfast.
 And this is where I lost it..
MMM


i'm meant to be hungree not thirstee
xoxo
hungreegirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment