Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mac ATTACK

Jake was hungree, and I was feeling like I wanted to be a good sister. So, I offered to make him lunch. Seriously, how nice am I? I found some leftover penne in the fridge and decided that it was time for mac.To me, mac n cheese means home. Its hot and soul warming, and oozes cheese and comfort. The perfect mac has a rich and gooey inside and a crusty toasted top. I LOVE mac n cheese. There are so many different versions and ways to make it that it never gets old. I have made it over a million times, but I think I have finally perfected an easy recipe that is quick, simple, and utterly classic and divine.  I made a quick roux with some butter and flour, added heavy cream, grated mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, and some salt and pepper. I warmed up the leftover pasta, coated it in the cheesy saucy goodness,  topped it with more cheese and some panko bread crumbs to give it that nice crunch on top, and put it under the broiler for about 7 minutes. Honestly, am I the best sister or what?


 Oh the perks of living with me...loook at dat CHEeeZE

ya you want me to move in I know
xoxo
hungreegirl.

1 comment: