Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle

I am HOME for fall break. Ugh. It feels so good to b back. After two midterm–packed weeks I am ready to do nothing but sleep, play with my pups *Tazz and Lola*, play with my sister and brother, and play in my kitchen. My kitchen at school is great, but there's nothing like my kitchen at home sweet home. It's light, airy, spacious, and holds the memories of both great success and yes, even failures, of my cooking extravaganzas. On the train home from school, I brainstormed a long list of things to make. I'm all about seasonal flavors and pumpkin was on my mind, so I guess you could say it became the theme for the weekend. Today we start with a Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle, a super simple, no bake dessert, that alternates layers of silky pumpkin mousse, fluffy whipped cream, and crumbly ginger snap cookies. Ya it tastes AH-mazing, but it also looks incred too. When we were little and we brought home art projects my dad would always say, "Did you buy that at a store!!??" Obviously it would make me beam and made me feel like I was the next Picasso. Well, when I finished making these and took a look, I felt like asking myself the same question, because they really look professional. This is the perfect fall party dessert because everyone gets their own portion and we all know no one actually likes to share unless forced. SO if your planning that Thanksgiving menu, make room for these.
 Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles, serves 4-6 *adapted from My Baking Addiction

Ingredients

about 30 Gingersnap cookies, I used Newman's
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
12 oz. whipped topping, like cool whip, or make your own whipped cream

wine glasses or champagne stems for assembly

Recipe: Put the cookies in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush into crumbs. They don't have to be very fine, a little chunky is okay. Set aside
In a large bowl fitted with an electric mixer beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, and spices. Beat until well combined, smooth, and creamy. Use a rubber spatula to fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Mix in gently until no white streaks remain. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
Assembly: Spoon 1 tbs of the cookies crumbs into the bottom of each glass. Pipe or spoon a layer of pumpkin filling onto the crus, followed by a layer of the whipped topping. Repeat layers until you've reached the top of the glass. Finish with a layer of whipped cream and top if cookie crumbs. Serve or chill in fridge until ready to serve.
 my kind of cocktail
 pumpkin perfection
 ginger snap crumbzzz
 just a bite of all dem layers
 and repeat

peter peter...4get peter, hungree hungree pumpkin eater
xoox
hungreergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment