Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Granola Goddess

Granola Goddess: I'm adopting it as my new name. For the first time yesterday I made homemade granola, and now I can absolutely positively NEVER go back. I don't mean to brag, but this granola was insane. Literally it can be compared to crack. Once you start eating you will NOT be able to stop! Its beyond addictive and sooo tasty. So enough adjectives, lets get into business. I decided to tackle this granola with a recipe à la moi. I left out nuts because it was going to be served at an event where someone had an allergy and I wanted all to be able to partake in what I knew was going to be a sure winner. Make this now, follow this beautiful recipe slideshow and thank me later for your new addiction. I apologize for your new obsession in advance.

Ingredients
2 Sticks butter
3 cups dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
1 cup honey
4 cups oats, NOT instant oats
1 box crispix cereal
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dired blueberries
1 cup dried pomegranates
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups shredded coconut (toast on a cookie sheet for 6 minutes until lightly browned)

First: Melt butter and mix it with maple syrup, honey, and brown sugar and let caramelize and heat till smooth.

 Next: Get some beautiful oats, not the quick cooking ones.

 Then: Pour the hot melted magic mixture over the oats and crispix cereal and combine. Make sure all the pieces are covered and nothing is dry.

 And then: Grease a baking sheet and pat the oat mixture down until flattened.

 Bake for 15 minutes in the oven at 375. Take it out of the oven and shuffle the contents around and return to the oven for 15 minutes to brown the other side.

Next: Remove from oven and cool. When cool, break the baked crunchy deliciousness into pieces and transfer into a mixing bowl. Add in the mix ins, in this case; dried blueberries, dried cranberries, dried pomegranates, toasted coconut and chocolate chips.

 CLOSE UP NOM

 and MIX together, thanks T

 Now: eat massive amounts plain or serve over yogurt or ice cream.

call me the granola goddess
xoxo
hungreegirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment