Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Californication

I'm back from California but I don't want to be back. I have officially decided that one day I will live in California, specifically Montecito, because I am in love with the place and the food it has to offer. With Munchin Mama as my guide, *my biff Kelsey to you non-regular readers* I spent the week eating Santa Barbara and while we certainly didn't skimp and ate ourselves full at every possible chance, we didn't nearly cover everything the city has to offer which only encourages my need to move out there and discover more treasures.  And while Kelsey opened my eyes to the most amazing sushi and Mexican food I've ever had, she also temporarily ruined my life as I now have constant temptation of what the best taste likes. SO, enjoy some beautiful and yummy pix and live vicariously through my travels.

first thing I ate when I got off the plane. Chopped Salad from La Scala with chickpeas, mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, egg whites, cucumbers, and red onions. BAH
 also at La Scala, hands down the best Bolognese I've ever had. It was creamy, it was meaty, and it was perfect.
Backyard Bowls is my new obsession. A smoothie like mixture made of Acai berries, apple juice, strawberries, and bananas gets topped with granola and more fresh fruit. THIS IS HOW I WANT TO START MY DAY EVERY DAY.
 i will love you forever if you bring this to the East Coast.
 A salad from the Coral Beach Club: filled with chicken, crab, bacon, avocado, tomatoes, and egg. KiLLiN iT.
 and then we went to the Farmer's Market...
 now you see why I want to move here? this takes place EVERY DAY.
 i love produce, and CA is produce central.
 insane short rib sopesitos from Cielto. Braised short rib on a mini corn cake with tomato broth. NOM
 Spicy stewed chicken tostaditas also from Cielto
 Santa Barbara also has a 24 hr wonder called "Freebirds." It's Mexican. It's authentic. It's the best late night meal in the world. Kels and I split a "quesaritto," a burrito wrapped in a quesadilla...okay? i want this now.
okay I was brave and tried Kelsey's family's favorite "Uni shooters" at Sakana. Basically its sea urchin, ponzu sauce, and a quail egg. Nervous, but totally worth it. It was salty and had the sickest texture. BE BRAVE.
 okay so Sakana is hands down the best sushi I've ever had. Just enjoy.
 thats a lobster roll with a lobster sauce. #LOBSTALOVE
 somebody HELP ME i don't know how to live without this!!!
 okay we ordered a lot.
 UGH its edible art
 and finally had to have a famous Kels breakfast burrito. NO JOKE, Kels makes the best scrambled eggs I've ever had. Call her and maybe she'll scramble you a few ;)

hungree 4 Cali
xoxo
hungreegirl.

1 comment: