Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Coffe Cake with Cream Cheese Filling

If you haven't heard of pinterest, check it out now because it's my latest obsession. The amount of time I spend browsing recipes on Pinterest is actually embarrassing, but hay, NO SHAME in this house. Well, the other day I came across this Coffee Cake and literally started trembling from the picture. It looked like it was gushing cinnamon cream cheesy crumbly goodness and well, I had to have it immediately. So with a few additions/adaptations, my version of this coffee cake was born. When I was little I wouldn't touch coffee cake because I thought there was coffee in it, LOL, how i've grown up because now I can't get my hands off of it. The cake is rich yet fluffy, packs a strong cinnamon flavor, and gets a sweet tang from the cream cheese filling. I also triple the amount of crumble topping because we all know thats the best part, so no need to thank me. If you're feeling indulgent or  know it is going to be a rough day, sip some coffee, snack on this, and all will be better. In my house, however, the coffee doesn't even have a chance of being made. As soon as I pulled this cake out of the oven, I was literally accosted/stormed by everyone and had to photograph at lightning speed so everyone could try. Such EAGER BEAVERS! but hey, can ya blame 'em? #hungreefamilyproblems
ps. it's another excuse to eat dessert for breakfast
Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, *adapted from Pinecones and Acorns

Ingredients
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eegs
2/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbs maple syrup
2 tbs dark corn syrup
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp each: ground nutmeg, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon

filling
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

topping
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1 stick butter, softened
2 tbs maple syrup
1 1/2 tbs cinnamon

Recipe: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the sour cream, syrups, and vanilla and beat for 3 minutes. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl (flour, baking powder, salt, spices) and gradually add to wet mixture on low and mix until well combined. Spread half of the bater into the bottom of a GREASED spring form pan.
For the filling: Mix all the filling ingredients together and beat by hand for about 2 minutes, until well incorporated. Spread filling mix evenly over coffeecake, then spoon remaining 1/2 of coffee cake mixture over the filling.
For topping: Combine all the ingredients. Using an electric mixer or your fingers, cut the butter into the topping and mix until it resembles corse crumbles. Sprinkle generously on top, yes there will be a lot but this is the best part.
Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing spring form attachment. Enjoy warm with a cup of coffeeeeee or tea.

 okay like tell me you don't want a piece, HA
 this will turn humans into full on carnal animals
 and look at those CRUMBS. UGH this will wake you up
 jeeealouz cause that's my fork?

who needs coffee to wake them up? iz all about da CAKE
xoxo
hungreegirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment