Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cinnamon Raisin French Toast

When I was little I was one of those weird kids that loved going to school. Strange, I know. I loved getting dressed in non-matching totally color non-coordinated outfits, putting bows the size of my body in my hair, and carrying around my hot pink *obviously* backpack. I think another reason I loved going to school was because of breakfast. Whether it be a pile of fluffy pancakes, some cheesy scrambled eggs, or grandma's famous french toast, breakfast was totally my favorite part of the school day. My favorite breakfast memory is of Cinnamon Raisin Toast. My mom would buy multiple loaves at a time because we ate so much of it and I remember running downstairs only to be greeted by the warm welcoming aroma of cinnamon deliciousness swirled with the scent of melting butter. If one were to open up my stomach between the ages of 5 and 13, one would be bound to find at least 100 loaves of cinnamon raisin bread...tehe. Well, I decided to take my favorite breakfast to the next level by making it french toast style. Let me just say, it's a good thing my mom didn't do this because I probably wouldn't have been able to fit in the school desks.
Cinnamon Raisin French Toast

Ingredients
4 slices cinnamon raisin bread
1 egg
1/4 cup whole milk
1 tsp cinnamon sugar, plus more for garnish
1/2 tsp vanilla
powdered sugar
syrup

Recipe: In a mixing bowl whisk the egg, milk, 1 tsp cinnamon sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Lay the bread slices in the bowl making sure to coat each piece evenly. Let the bread soak for about 5 minutes. Heat a large skillet on the stove with 2 tbs butter. Heat until the butter is melted and spread it around, coating the entire pan with melted butter. Using tongs, remove the soaked bread pieces and put them in the pan. Brown each side for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and top with syrup, powdered sugar, and more cinnamon sugar.
 you would like school too if you had this to start your day
 hubba hubba

officially hungree 4 school
xoxo
hungreegirl.

1 comment:

  1. Made this for brunch today. Everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete