Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Simple Basil Pesto

I love pesto. It's just one of those things that brings color and a springy flavor to whatever it touches, whether that be al dente penne pasta for a pesto pasta salad, some crunchy pieces of sourdough toast for the perfect snack, or the undersides of fluffy italian bread for the ideal turkey sandwich. Whenever I go to a farmer's markets, I'm that girl standing at the gourmet dip stand test tasting all of the dips until I'm asked to buy something or go away. Usually, I  go straight for the pesto, tasting and sampling all of it's different variations. These farmers should take my sturdy presence at their stand as a compliment, even if  I am diminishing their supply. Well, no longer will I be this girl, and you don't have to be her either. Why? Because now I've got my own gourmet pesto supply on lockdown, courtesy of MOI. Making pesto is actually the easiest thing in the world. The hardest part is either restraining yourself from eating all of it plain or deciding what to do with it once you've made it. But those are two of my favorite types of dilemmas so I guess its okay.
Simple Basil Pesto

Ingredients
4 cups fresh basil leaves
juice of 2 lemons
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/3 cup of GOOD olive oil, makes a difference!
1 1/2 cup pinenuts (pignoli nuts)
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Recipe: Roughly chop the basil leaves. Put the basil, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor/blender and pulse until a thick paste is formed. Add pinenuts and cheese and pulse until you get your desired consistency. If you like it runny, add a little more olive oil. If you like it extra lemony, add some more lemon. Put into a bowl/jar and refrigerate. Eat plain/spread on anything/toss with pasta and ENJOY !
 i wish my eyes were this color
 toss it with some pasta and OLAY
 eat it hot, eat it cold, WHATEVER it's ridiculous

peace, love, pesto
xoxo
hungreegirl.



No comments:

Post a Comment