Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Coconut Cupcakes

Ya it's time for another cupcake recipe already...don't hate, I'm a girl obsessed. My entire family has a coconut addiction. It is so strong that I could probably do a study and prove that a love for coconut is somehow present in my gene pool. Well, when I was home for only 24 hours, I had to make a good impact on my family. I MISSED them and obviously they missed me *minus my Dad's new diet, I'm the worst enemy, the diet does not miss me, the diet FEARS me*. So, I wanted to show them just how much I missed them/wanted to make them mourn my absence once I left the next day by making them some cupcakes I knew they would do backflips for. These cupcakes get severely saturated by coconut in the best way possible. A dense cake is infused with coconut in two forms;  through shredded coconut flakes and creamy coconut milk. The coconut milk makes the cake intensely dense and deliciously smooth. Topped with a tangy cream cheese frosting and some more coconut flakes, these cupcakes had my family tearing as they sent me on my way. *i think*.

Coconut Cupcakes, makes 12

Ingredients
3 eggs 
8 tbs sugar
1 stick melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2/3 cup coconut flakes

frosting:
1 sticks butter, softened at room temperature
8 oz cream cheese, room temp
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbs heavy cream

coconut flakes for decor

Recipe: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the eggs and sugar together. Whisk in the butter and vanilla until well combined. Gradually whisk in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Make sure to scrape the sides and get all the dry bits on the side incorporated. Slowly mix in the milk and then fold in the coconut flakes by hand. Fill greased cupcake holders or cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 12 minutes until the top is golden brown or a tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool.

For the frosting: In a bowl fitted with an electric cream the butter and cream cheese. Gradually add the powdered sugar and on slow speed mix it in. Once mixed, add the vanilla and heavy cream. Whip on high for 5 minutes until light, fluffy, and about double in size.

FROST GENEROUSLY AND TOP WITH SHREDDED COCONUT! 
 want to hang out?
 loco for coco...nut

put a lime in the coconut...or don't and put it in a cupcake
xoxo
hungreegirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment