Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

S'mores Fudge

This is a funny story. I'm probably the only person on the planet that goes to eat dinner at a friend's house and comes back to my own house with a 5 lb. bag of chocolate chips. Welcome to my life. I promised my girls who gave me the chocolate chips that I would make some magic with them. It also happened to be pouring cats and dogs outside, so there was not a chance I was making it to the grocery store. I was stuck with what I had in my kitchen. I guess "stuck" isn't the exact word, because I like to be fully stocked with baking ingredients 24/7 so I can be ready to whip up some cupcakes or what not at all times. I scanned my selection, happened upon some marshmallows, and decided to make some S'mores fudge. A layer of buttery graham crackers topped with a layer of dense chocoaltey goodness swirled with some mallows? How can you go wrong? You can't. This is what dark rainy nights are about. If the sun's not gonna come out and the rain won't stop, the only thing you can do is make the night seem a little sweeter by making these.
S'mores Fudge

10 graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
4 tbs melted butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz.
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs vanilla
1 cup mini marshmallows

Recipe: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 casserole dish. Combine the graham crackers with the melted butter and pat into an even layer in the casserole dish. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
Meanwhile, combine the condensed milk, chocolate chips, baking soda, salt, and vanilla in a heatproof bowl. Use the double boiler method, melting the mixture over a boiling pan of water. Stir frequently as not to burn the chocolate. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the marshmallows. Spoon the chocolate marshmallow layer atop the graham cracker layer. Ensure that it is even and then and put in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
Once chilled, cut into squares and enjoy!
 ef the rain. we got this.

fudge trumps rain
xoxo
hungreegirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment