Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

krazy in my kitchen

    When I'm in the mood to cook, which is basically all the time, I go big or go home. So when I decided to make dinner for my Dad and two cousins, I thought I'd go all out. I was in the mood for something summery and light and on the healthier side. My mind raced as my menu assembled bite by bite in my head: grilled chicken paillard topped with a green salad, chili lime corn, and grilled eggplant. It was fresh, required little preparation, came together easily, and was obviously well received thanks to my great talent and taste for perfection. When I cook and I want to know if my recipients enjoy my food, I don't ask. Asking is just waiting for a lie, so instead I watch. I know I do a good job when plates are empty and forks are still scraping for lingering bits. Recipes are listed below. I apologize about my measuring, I never measure for marinades, I'm more of a sprinkle and taste kind of gurl.

Grilled Chicken Paillard (serves 6)

Ingredients
6 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
olive oil
2 lemons
salt
pepper
garlic powder
lowrys season salt

Recipe: Wash and clean the chicken. Pat dry and place in plastic bags. Pound thin til about doubled in size. Drizzle olive oil and juice of lemons so the chicken is coated and you have a little extra liquid in the bag. Sprinkle in a good amount of all the dry ingredients. Shake up the bags so the chicken is well dressed and marinate for at least an hour in the fridge. Turn your grill on medium high heat. Brush the grates with olive oil and lay the chicken on the grill, slanted as to get nice grill marks. Pour excess liquid over the chicken and grill on each side for about 7 minutes, or until fully cooked through.

Green Salad

Ingredients
one bag of mixed greens
6 oz. fresh baby arugula
one dozen cherry tomatoes
1 avocado
1 green bell pepper
balsamic vinegar
olive oil

Recipe: Halve cherry tomatoes. Roughly chop the avocado and bell pepper. Toss with greens and drizzle with oil and vinegar.

Grilled Chili Lime Corn

Ingredients
6 ears of peeled corn
1 stick softened butter, room temperature
2 limes
chili powder
garlic powder

Recipe: Wrap corn in tin foil. Roast on grill medium high until each ear is cooked but not charred. Remove foil and get a nice char, however much you like, on the corn. Once charred to your liking, take corn off the grill. In a small bowl combine softened butter and the juice of two limes. Season with chili powder and garlic powder to taste, I like a bit of heat and add a bunch of chili. Mix and mash the butter together. The mixture will be a thinned out butter with extra lime juice as they won't fully combine. With a brush, brush the butter on the corn. Eat. Enter heaven.

Grilled Eggplant

Ingredients
2 large eggplant
olive oil
salt
pepper

Recipe: Slice eggplant in rounds. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Brush medium high grill with olive oil. Grill rounds until they are nicely charred on both sides and are tender to the bite.

plate it all together and you have one very happy hungree girl.



Stay Hungree, Stay Happy.
xo
hungree girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment