Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Lakeside Diner

    Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives is one of my favorite shows on the planet. I love the idea of hidden gem little places serving up signature flavor packed dishes. Lakeside Diner is one of these places that just feels like home. A small building with a view of a nice lake, hence the name, Lakeside is a classic diner cooking up breakfast and lunch favorites, each bite nestled with tender care and home cooked love. The diner is cozy and comforting where smells of warm cinnamon sugar donuts, bubbly maple syrup, and an amiable feeling hang in the air.
   Breakfast ranges from a variety of pancakes (banana, chocolate chip, strawberry, blueberry), to classic french toast and belgian waffles, to eggs any style, creamy oatmeal and grits and super hearty omelets. I am an eggs girl. I like 'em poached on a toasted english muffin, fried with a crispy hash, oozing and runny so I can soak them up with some nice rye toast, and most of all in an omelet. Today, I was in the mood for an omelet, and so was my sister. I went with an egg white omelet with spinach, feta, and artichoke hearts, ugh so good. The flavors were clean, yet somehow every single bite made me feel like I was cuddled up in a blanket. Syd, my sister, got and egg white omelet with spinach, broccoli, and swiss cheese and it was just as good. Look at us, so healthful. Mine came with a side of grits which I generously topped with maple syrup and swirled together to make a creamy masterpiece. The grits were just grainy enough for good texture, but soft enough where they still melted in my mouth. NOM.

   My brother was in more of a lunch mood so he went with the Lakeside Southernfried, a 4 piece fried chicken served with fries. The chicken was extra crispy on the outside but gave way to such tender and yummy white chicken with that first crunchy bite. The lunch part of the menu also features wraps, melts, sandwiches, burgers, and so much more.


   To drink, we all got chocolate milkshakes. So creamy, so thick, so chocolatey so good. Heaped with whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate syrup, I was loco for the cocoa. Now to talk about my favorite thing in the world and basically the reason, aside from every other thing I've described, that I come to Lakeside so frequently: the donuts. Homemade donuts are rolled in sugar and are honestly just divine. Fluffy, light, yet doughy and chewy, eating one just isn't enough. You need at least three, AT LEAST. Eaten between sips of coffee and hot chocolate and breakfast is complete.


   So if your in the mood for a delicious homey meal from a classic little diner, hit up Lakeside, and you won't be disappointed.

Once hungree, always hungree.
xo
hungree girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment