Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Brunch Club

The other day I woke up very very hungree. I turned on my phone and started to text a few people when I discovered I had made brunch plans with three separate people the night before. Ooops...So what better way to address the situation then combine them all into one big brunch club? All 10 of us met outside and contemplated where to go. We wanted close to campus, good service, and amazing food that would wake us up and put as all in GREAT moods, so we chose Sabrina's. I know this is like my 3rd post on Sabrina's, but its one of my go-tos and I cannot get enough being that the specials change so much and my constant desire to try everything on the menu. That was why going there with my brunch club was such a great idea, I got to taste 10 different things. Seriously, I'm  a genius. I couldn't decide if I was in a sweet or savory mood so I went for the tofu scramble; spiced tofu, red peppers, onions, mushrooms, and spinach, served with a side of crispy hash browns and wheat toast. OMG I'm so healthful!! NO but seriously, it was amazing. The tofu had a flavorful punch and the texture of all the different vegetables made it even more amazing. Scooped on a piece of buttered toast and folded into a sandwich, this ones definitely a winner.

Kels and Daniella got the Barking Chihuahua, a flour tortilla filled with eggs, cheese, black beans, peppers, and topped with sour cream and guacamole. If you haven't tried Mexican for breakfast, come to Sabrina's and try it, NOW. It was like literally just steaming hot wonderful flavors and tastes all tucked neatly into a warm tortilla blanket. YUM.

Felman got a sandwich: chicken cutlet, melted provolone, and spinach on crusty bread. It was verrry good but my one suggestion was that it needed a little something like pesto mayonnaise or some kind of spread to really send it over the top. It was served alongside some parmesan fries that were crispy and totally banging. Ripka got a grilled chicken southwestern salad and enjoyed it thoroughly. Classic Ripka, classic salad.

Jesse and Ginor split eggs benedict and chocolate chip banana pancakes (as per my design because I'm obsessed). Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to try the eggs benedict because Jesse finished his too fast and Ginor dropped his entire poached egg in his lap. Better luck next time Nor! One tip for the poached eggs is make sure you request canadian bacon if you want the classic because it comes meatless unless otherwise specified. The pancakes, however, were BOMB.COM. Not that I expected anything less due to our pancake consumption on my last visit to Sabrina's. There was the perfect large number of chocolate chips and mixed with a bite of gooey caramelized banana, I had to sit down my head was spinning. Here's Jesse, really into his pancakes.

Rache and Justin got the lox and onion omelette. I'm not a lox fan so I didn't try this one, but it got good reviews!

Now, for the champion of the meal. Obviously one plate per person is never enough so someone took it upon themselves to order the table a Stuffed French Toast. What is stuffed french toast you ask? Only the most amazing thing on the planet. Its massive pieces of challah french toast sandwiched with a mixture of cream cheese and mascarpone cheese and in this case bananas. Its basically cream cheese frosting. Doused in rich maple syrup and powdered sugar, I can now die happily. I don't think you understand to the extent that this dish affected my weekend. First off, it haunted my dreams. Second, we are in the process of sorority rush and someway somehow, this french toast wound up in every single one of my conversations...nuf said.


So, I've said it before and I'll say it again, go to Sabrina's, and make sure you're hungree because you will be leaving practically immobile and very very happee. And thank you to The Brunch Club. Look for more adventures from TBC: Felman, Ripka, Kelsey, Daniella, Elliot, Jesse, Ginor, Rachel, and Justin.

back to brunching
xoxo
hungreegirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment