Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salad with Poached Egg

Sadly, tonight was the last night, the last supper before I return to school, and I was in the mood to be creative. I wanted something light and refreshing and salad or eggs came to mind. I love salad and I love eggs. And then it came to me, a salad with a poached egg, one of my favorites dishes inspired by this incredible salad I had at this restaurant in Aspen, Colorado. Surprisingly I've never poached an egg before even though its my absolute favorite style of eggs. They're light and fluffy and with the runny yolk in the middle, a delicious surprise that in this case works incredibly when paired with a vinaigrette dressing. My poached egg experiment luckily worked first time around and now I will be making them ALL THE TIME. Something great about poaching eggs is that there is literally no mess, so much easier to clean up then when frying in a skillet. For the salad, I combined a bunch of different lettuces like raddichio, endive, butter lettuce, and frisee. I added some grilled artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, and some diced spring green onion for a little texture. For a vinaigrette, red wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper made for a light and simple dressing. I tossed the salad with the vinaigrette then embellished it with my beautiful baby of a poached egg. Sprinkled with some kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper and a light dusting of fresh thyme leaves, you have a beautiful and extremely impressive dish. BON APPETIT!



 And then I broke it...mmmm


bye home!
xoxo 
hungreegirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment