Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Middle Eastern Mania

One of my favorite things in the world are unexpected surprises. I LOVE surprises. The best Middle Eastern food in the world tucked in a small shop in Palm Beach Florida, is certainly a surprise. The Middle Eastern Bakery is a tiny store front that is serving up real authentic and flavor packed Middle Eastern delicacies that truly transport you tastebuds to a foreign land. A glass display case holds large bowls of fatoush, butter bean salads, tzatziki sauce, baba ghanoush, hummus, different types of feta cheeses, meat and spinach pies, and stuffed grape and cabbage leaves, along with much more. One can order classics like falafel or shwarma or greek salads. 



The feta at this place is amazing. They offer both Greek and French style feta, the French being more creamy while the Greek has a harder texture, but are both incredibly salty and rich. I'm a huge fan of greek salad and they make a great one here, with the feta taking the stage as the star. Honestly, I could eat this feta for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

Today I was in the mood for a lot of different things, so I got the special platter, a container that I filled with whatever I desired. I got roasted cauliflower with tahini sauce, the butter bean salad, tzatziki and baba ghanoush, some French feta, and some shwarma. The cauliflower was perfectly roasted and was complimented beautifully by the tanginess of the tahini. The butter bean salad was so flavor packed, tossed in a light vinaigrette that was lemony and delicious. The tzatziki is creamy and dilly and everything good tzatziki should be and the baba ghanoush is thick and garlic and super tasty. The shwarma is shredded skirt steak, marinated in spices and served in its own juices and it was excellent, really hearty and soul warming. 

Besides serving up these classic dishes, the restaurant is also a store front that sells house made peanut brittles and sesames candies as well as house brined olives, and many more other Middle Eastern ingredients and specialties. 



Now besides having great food, the people running the restaurant are extremely friendly and amiable, always letting me taste whatever I want and always excited whenever a hungry customer comes in. If you're ever in Palm Beach this is a place you CANNOT pass up, and I certainly don't, evidenced by my multiple weekly visits whenever I'm around.

No comments:

Post a Comment