Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ultimate Coco Krispie Treats

Okay I've done it. I've kicked regular rice krispie treat's a$$. Yes, I'm a lover of the original, but sometimes more is just so much better. More in this case means coco krispie treats mixed with m&m's with a layer of oreos and chocolate. Can you say #nom? Cause I can. Prepare to be the most popular person at your bake sale. Once you make these, the normal one's will just look weak. When I received a text from Connor asking me to make him a study break treat I laughed. Thats like asking a dog if they want a bone. I headed to Fro-Gro and this creation came to me while I roamed the aisles and I couldn't get out of there fast enough to bring it to life. Big shoutout to my sous-chefs/assistants Cowboy Connor and Evan and to my oh-so-generous host, El. These are easy, quick, and, as pointed out so nicely by Dober, don't stick to your hands so you can keep studying!! Obviously thats the most important reason to make them.


Coco M&M Krispie Treats with Oreos and Chocolate

Ingredients

3/4 stick butter
1 1/2 packages large marshmallows
1 box coco krispies
1 large bag M&Ms
1 pack of Oreos, double stuffed, DUH + 2 tbs butter
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips +1/2 stick of butter

Recipe: In a microwavable bowl melt the 3/4 stick of butter. Add the marshmallows and mix and return to the microwave, heating for about 1 minute until the marshmallows are puffed and fluffy. MAKE SURE THEY DON'T SPILL OUT OF THE BOWL! Gradually mix in the krispies. Once the krispies are mixed in, mix in the M&Ms.
In a lightly greased casserole dish, spread half the mixture into the bottom of the pan. I like them thick, but adjust to your taste. Crush the oreos in a plastic bag and mix with the 2 tbs melted butter. Pat this mixture on top of the flattened krispies. In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips and 1/2 stick of butter until creamy. Pour this over the oreos and using a spoon slather it  evenly.
 Pat down the rest of the krispies on top of the chocolate.

Press them down with seran wrap so they are well shaped. For immediate eating, put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes, and go to town. Otherwise, keep them in the fridge for about an hour and then they can sit outside in room temperature. CUT in hefty squares and love me forever.

 Check out the layers on these bad boys..like a brick wall of HEAVEN
 close uP
 My sous-chefs staring at the originals wondering how they can even compete with these babies
 ooooohhhmy
 a plate of paradise
 tada tada tadaaaaaa !

kookoo for coco krispies
xoxo
hungreegirl.


No comments:

Post a Comment