Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bui's with the Boys

I'm still cart crazy, as always, and am always in the mood for a good cart fix. So Saturday morning after a late night the idea of an amazing egg sandwich from a cart was just what I wanted. My crew that morning consisted of Shein, Nick, Felman, and Tyler, and they were insistent on going to Bui's, a truck I've heard about but never ventured to. So we made the trek and it was very worth it as it was the perfect breakfast to jump start a lazy Saturday. The Bui's menu consisted of steak sandwiches, hoagies, and egg breakfast sandwiches. I had strict instructions that no matter what I ordered I must top it with Bui sauce. I went for the egg white sandwich with spinach, salt, pepper, ketchup, and Bui sauce. It only took about 5 minutes and for $3.50 I was delivered a long crusty sandwich roll topped with a steaming fried egg white, some sautéed spinach, and the infamous light orange sauce. The sandwich was great, the sauce was greater. Tangy and creamy it kind of tasted like a mix of tartar sauce and ketchup but had this little spicy kick that really made the sandwich come together.

The boys got classic bacon egg and cheeses, all which were demolished in seconds, before I could get a taste. Felman ordered a steak, bacon, egg and cheese, an interesting double meat combination, and luckily I got to taste his when he handed it to me to hold while he tied his shoe...oops. The steak was well seasoned and moist and the crispy salty bacon and the sauce worked really well together.
Felman doesn't even like eggs and he eats egg sandwiches here. In fact, this was his second egg sandwich of his life and he loved it, so if that's not selling you I don't know what will.
Here are Tyler (left) and Felman (right) enjoying their sandwiches. Felman loved his second egg sandwich of his life so much his eyes are too excited to be opened!

Definition hungree-licious
xoxo
hungree girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment