Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cookie Monster

I'm sitting in my bed at school trying to do work and am very distracted. Why? Because I want nothing more then a really good chocolate chip cookie. Crunchy and crisp around the edges and melted and gooey and gushy chocolatey and soft in the middle. Fresh out of the oven warm with a cold glass of milk...mmm. This is my own recipe. It's taken me YEARS to perfect this and I know I have a great product. Seriously, just ask anyone who's tried them! My trick? I use a massive amount of three different types of chocolate chips which complement each other perfectly and with each bite touches a different note on your palette. So try your hand and soon you will be famous for these cookies too!



My Famous Chocolate Chip Chip Chip Cookies.

3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks salted butter, room temperature, totally softened
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
3 eggs, room temp
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

*NOTES: I like my cookies super chocolatey so I add a TON of chips...go for as few or as many as you'd like.

Recipe: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl combine the first three dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) and set aside. In another bowl cream the butter and the sugars. Beat for about 4 minutes, until well combined and light. Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat throughout the addition. Add vanilla. Beat for about 7 minutes on medium speed, until the mixture grows inside and is very fluffy and creamy. Slow down the speed and add the flour mixture in batches. Mix in chocolate chips by hand. Roll dough in seran wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Grease a baking sheet and spoon healthy heaps of dough 2 inches apart from each other, making sure not to crowd. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until cookie edges are golden and center is barely firm.

*NOTES: Yes, it is unusual to beat for that long of a time after you add all the wet ingredients, but I find by beating it so long air gets incorporated in the dough and it makes for an airy cakey light cookie. It really does make a difference!! ALSO, don't skip the chilling of the dough step. Seriously, don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment