Blog has moved, searching new StayHungree.com.

Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Sabrina's Café

HAYO. Still on my brunching spree, but who could expect anything less when brunching is just so fun? So this was my second time at Sabrina's Café and it really is true love. The first time I went I visited the original downtown but this time decided to explore the newly opened storefront located on the Drexel Campus on 34th street. After a bitterly biting winter walk my brunching crew and I were more then happy to welcome the warmth of Sabrina's atmosphere. Airy, light, yet inviting and comfy, we knew before we were even seated that we were in for a treat. The menu is overwhelmingly delicious and it was tearing me to pieces that I had to choose one thing. The only thing that consoled me was the idea that I was with a large group and could try everyone else's dish so this put me at ease...but only slightly. The breakfast menu ranged from eggs, omelets, fritatas, challah and stuffed french toasts, and loads of pancakes. The lunch side consisted of salads, soups, and hearty plates and sandwiches. Finally a page of specials was displayed in the center of the menu and today featured enticing delicacies like pumpkin pancakes, apple granola crusted french toast, and the veggie benedict. My biggest dilemma in life is choosing what to eat when I'm inundated with so many options...its like having to pick one puppy when you want to take all of them home. My first time I had the fritata with egg whites, turkey bacon, spinach, mushrooms, onions, and provolone. It was uncannily good and enormously big. But I finished it, duh. It was a flying saucer of a fritata and warmed me to the very bone with every bite. This time I went for the veggie benedict special, two poached eggs on an english muffin with spinach, hollandaise sauce, and turkey bacon and a side of hash browns. Yum? The muffin was toasted. The eggs were plump and perfectly stiff with that amber stream of yolk running all over the plate once poked with a fork. Combined with the steamed spinach and crisp and chewy salty crunchy turkey bacon, it was a dream of a bite. The potatoes were also delectable. Extra crispy, just how I like them, and seasoned to perfection, dipped in a little ketchup they were easily some of the best I've ever had.

Lauren ordered the traditional challah french toast. Classically we all challa'd at her to try a bite and were glad she so generously shared. Huge chunks of fluffy challah were crisped on the edges and once swamped with a heaping amount of syrup made for a dish that tasted like Christmas.
 Jess got chicken noodle soup and a tunafish sandwich. Now, I don't know if I've ever shared this, but I'm not a tunafish fan. I don't mean to yuck anybody's yum but it's cat food, sorry! Anyways she said it was decent so I trust her because this girl is literally a tuna fanatic, a chicken of the sea herself. I snagged a bite of the soup and it was simple and tasty but not the best I've ever tried.

Nicole ordered the turkey sandwich with tomato, avocado, and lettuce and it was gone before I had the chance to taste.

 Danny got scrambled eggs with cheese and lapped them up as well, and her raves about them told me they were great. Now, the two stars of the meal. Number one, the fries. Oh my gosh, the fries. Long like fingers and crispy in all the right places these fries were just beyond. I credit this beyond-ess with their fantastic seasoning and crisp texture. There was not a fry left to be found. So after everyone has eaten everything on their plate we decide to get the check...But then, we decide on something better. Whats the best way to end a meal? A story? Dessert? A nice coffee? A good laugh? Usually I'd agree with any of the above (mainly the dessert) but now I have a new theory and it's name is chocolate chip pancakes. So we ordered a tall stack and while I was skeptical at first because I already was tremendously full, boy am I glad I didn't protest. These were the best pancake sin the world. Huge. Fluffy. Chocolatey. Soft. Dreamy. They were pillow pancakes, and they were divine. My advice, go to Sabrina's immediately and order breakfast. Our lunch dishes were good but not great and the breakfast is just too good to pass up.


hungree 2.4.7.
xoxo
hungree girl.

THE BRUNCH CREW!

No comments:

Post a Comment